RE: Europa-List: Brake Fluid

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Brake Fluid
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:43:53

Kevin.

I have had a lot of problems bleeding my tri gear finger brakes and have
ended up using a kit from an automotive shop. Can't remember the name
but you fill a bottle with brake fluid and connect this to the top of
the master cylinder then pressurise the bottle with a foot pump. You can
then simply crack the bleed screws one at a time and the pressure pushes
all the air out whilst maintaining fluid in the master cylinder.  Very
simple one man operation.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS

Thanks for all the responses guys...
DOT 5 it is!

Now if I can just find something to pump the fluid in with from the
bottom up to the top...then you don't get air in the line, I hear.
What works well to pump the fluid uphill?

Kevin