RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 problem/question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 problem/question
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:03:41

A high EGT would imply a lean mixture to me. The fact that an additional
pump had a degree of improvement, then cleaning the filters made a
significant difference, would suggest to me that you're not getting
sufficient fuel pressure due to blocked filters.

(I emphasise that this would just be my first theory, and other causes
shouldnt be ruled out!)

I'd check your filters again, would take the old one you took out apart and
check it, would drain the tank (through a filter, checking what you get, and
making sure the tank is well agitated during the process by some means), and
would give the tank a good flush.

One thought, when you refuelled before the flight, was it direct or through
a filter funnel?

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation.
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms