Re: Europa-List: Tacho problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tacho problem
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:08:56

Swap the two sensor wires that come off the tacho sensor on the back of the
engine. In theory this should make no difference; but apparently does on
occasion.
I had a similar problem that occurred on a non-ROtax tacho, whereby the
reading was stable until about 3500 rpm, then went completely off the scale.
Solved with a series resistor in the sensor leads, which presumably dampened
the "ringing" in the circuit that was probably causing the problem.
Sensor-gap against the magneto checked-out OK, but I suspect that playing
with that may have effected a cure too.

Duncan McF.