Europa-List: Rotax plug compound

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax plug compound
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:31:07

Rotax really makes you work at discovery of important things through their hard
to deal with update old manual with Service bulletins, Alerts etc.

Latest one I found (I pretty much have been reading a little from new to old) is
they want you to use silicone thermal conductive paste on the spark plug
threads. (think ~ 1998) Not using this paste indicates bad things can happen
like pre ignition due to hot spots and hurt plugs.

Looking up the price of the Rotax offering is well over 100$ for a small tube.

I talked to Lockwood, and seems you can use Silicone heat conductive paste Radio
Shack sells.

Ron Parigoris