Re: Europa-List: Tri gear legs to short?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri gear legs to short?
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:32:53

Hi Michael:

In fact I just set my legs today and posted those photos just hours ago.
Things to check are your levels. First Is the floor level? Mine was not.  I had

to put 2 bathroom tile on one end of my straight edge.  Is the roll level when

taken at the elevator torque tube? The pitch level should be taken at the door

jamb area.  Draw a line between the centers of the socket holes on the belly.
 Measure where that line intersects the centerline down to the floor.  Should
be 16.25. Mine is about 1/16 higher. While doing the checks make sure your
front and back plumb bobs are centered in the CL line you have marked on the
floor. I spent 4 hours fitting and setting all this up.

How wide is the gap that you have and is it all the way around the plate?
Are the gaps the same on both sides?  Are the socket holes on the fuselage
opened wide enough and there is no binding of the tube? Is your axle clamped
flat

against the angle iron? If it is not that will cause a larger gap to the rear
of the plate.

I did have a 1/8 gap to the rear of each socket base plate. As the manual
reads I slightly bent those areas up to meet the belly. I'm thinking after 4
hours set up that it was close enough!
I slathered on some 420 and called it a day...

Hope some of this helps.