Re: Europa-List: Flying XS Mono in snow?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying XS Mono in snow?
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:35:34

It's my reason to pick the monowheel. But i am still building it, so i
have not tried it yet. My limited experience is with a supercub on skies,
where the tailwheel has a little ski attached. Works great, it is easy to
take off and land on skies. One catch is the white-out, another is that
you have to be sure the snow is not too deep, or that there is water under
the snow. We check that by doing some speed touch and go, go around and
check the traks made, before the real landing. But snow is soft, and my
runway is 3 by 6 miles. My expectation is that the monowheel will work as
a front ski, but i am not quite sure what the support wheels will do.
Maybe i will need some mini skies there as well.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen