Re: Europa-List: Hydrostatic pressure fuel level measurement?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hydrostatic pressure fuel level measurement?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:25:34

Jan,

I have one and it works well.  The software allows you to calibrate it with
a laptop and once I set it up I have not needed to revisit it in one year of
operation.  I currently have the static side of the pressure sensor
connected to the tank vent, which is not as per Tony's design.  I find that
when I descend the fuel gauge reads low.  I have been meaning to vent it as
per Tony's design, however I have a fuel totalizer which works well, hence
there hasn't been any pressing need.

In closing, if you want a non invasive means of measuring your fuel contents
then Tony's gauge works fine.

Paul