Europa-List: Fuel taxes potentially to be scrapped

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel taxes potentially to be scrapped
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:38:16

Folks,

An interesting item in the news today. The UK Government are considering
abolishing road tax and fuel taxes, and replacing them with road charging by
the mile, implemented by GPS.

So, within 10 years, we could see mogas prices drop to around 20p a litre at
current prices. Just in time for G-EZZA=92s first flight, I reckon! :-)

With any luck they=92ll not cotton on to us fliers using it in the air =96
otherwise I can see them slapping us with an airspace charge :-(

Cheers,
Jeremy

PS I=92ve experimentally changed my code page on this posting =96 so let=92s see
if Matt=92s server changes all the punctuation marks to 9764476!

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
=93If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation.=94
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms