Europa-List: Pimp my Glide

Subject: Europa-List: Pimp my Glide
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:56:05

Well my daughter is back from her first year at Embry-Riddle, and my son has
been
helping with the panel. After one to many nights watching MTVS Pimp my Ride,
we went in the garage and made the iPlane.
A mac mini will be built into the panel as the entertainment center. 60 gig of
Itunes, and it plays DVDs if the Mrs gets bored. Data from the AF-2500 can be
read and monitored in real time. Updates to the EFIS sport can be made right
from
the plane. Weather and flight data can be saved for review during flight.
The computer is on my home wireless network so when the planes in the garage I
can login to it.
The interface is a 7 inch high bright touch screen, the unit is also taking
voice
commands in the garage quite well. We'll see about in flight, through the head
set.

http://www.europaowners.org/Panel

Chat later,
Steved