Europa-List: MOD 70 Question About the Spacer

Subject: Europa-List: MOD 70 Question About the Spacer
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:46:28

Builders and Riders.
I have received my mod 70 kit and am back to construction in chapter 20.  The
Mod 70 instructions are clearly written for replacing the existing arm on
enclosed fuselages.

Not an easy task to bounce from build manual to mod instruction sheet for us
new builders.  Hopefully E04 will have a revised chapter 20 out soon.

My question is about the spacer collar used in place of the old 001 worm gear
clamp.  I like the idea of the clamp over the spacer because it affords some
adjustment of the weights positioning and balance.

Is there a reason that E04 chose to replace the clamp?  Was this part the
cause < or part of the cause> for the system failure?  I'm really not clear what

happened and what parts had failed and cause the issuance of the mandatory AD
/ Mod.

Thanks in advance!

Brian Skelly
Texas