Re: Europa-List: Re: 22000 Capacitor (N55XS)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 22000 Capacitor (N55XS)
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 05:48:32
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Fred Fillinger" <n3eu@comcast.net>

> I used B&C's overvoltage unit and it was supplied with a
> 10000uf 50v capacitor.  Question is do I need one rated at 22000uf?
>
> craig ellison
> a205

I will bet if you put an oscilloscope on it -- with battery connected
and engine running -- you will see negligible difference.  I believe
the capacitor's purpose is to prevent Rotax regulator damage if the
battery is disconnected.  There, the value of the cap will matter.  In
your case, a second parallel cap to make up the difference should be a
less failure-prone arrangement.

Reg,
Fred F.