Re: Europa-List: Trailer Wing Support

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trailer Wing Support
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:22:31

Jim Butcher wrote:

>Does anyone have a decent photo of the factory trailer showing the wing support
at the spar end?  I'm trying to determine if the spar pin hole is used to keep
the wing from sliding forward and backwards as the trailer speeds up and slows
down.  Or any suggestions on how others have addressed this situation?

>Thanks
>
>Jim Butcher A185

Jim,

Just noticed this old email, which I had intended to address.  I'm in
the process of building a tri-gear trailer and will send you some pics
when it is done.  The spar-end support will have a captive socket, using
the spar pin hole to lock the wing into place.  My trailer is a bit
larger than those sold by Europa, but the size will allow room for extra
clearance of parts and the extra weight will provide for a smoother
ride.  The complete rig will cost under $800. to build.  More later...

--
Jeff - A055
Almost there...