Europa-List: All these access hatches and one "viewing" hole

Subject: Europa-List: All these access hatches and one "viewing" hole
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 22:53:06

E builders and riders:

I am muddling through chapter 23 right now. Busy cutting out the access
hatches and the "viewing hole" in the rear of the fuselage.  I'm considering the

hole locations and how "handy" they really are in their stated locations.

 One of the main reasons I think they are necessary is for the replacement of
the trim motor. < Adjustment of the balance weight as well to be sure>
The ability to replace the trim motor has always been a concern of mine.
Knowing full well that all things electrical can give up the ghost. In addition,
few of you fine lads have already had the pleasure of replacing and or
fiddling with said motor.

The way I see it, the task of servicing the trim motor would still be
impossible with the access holes cut per manual instructions.  The viewing hole

appears to be much too small to get a hand or screwdriver in our the motor out!

The forward hatch is too far away.  At this time, I have no idea why the lower

hatch is even necessary.

Am I missing something here?  Have any of you considered enlarging the
viewing hole for easier access to the things that will need future attention?

Perhaps I am missing some revelation a few chapters away?

You comments and wisdom please!

Brian Skelly
Texas
Europa # A276 TriGear