Re: Europa-List: Swaging those cables

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Swaging those cables
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 23:19:34

Cheers,
            All thgose grinding wheels and cutoff appliances seem like a lot
of trouble. I used masking tape around the wire, centred about the expected
cut. Then, thanks to advice from an old hand in the trade, gave it a quick
whack with a small hammer and a 2-inch chisel against pig-iron. It then slid
conveniently into the hardware and peeled the tape since it would be covered
by transparent heatshrink ( to honour the inspector) and then a second
coloured heatshrink for coding and finish. Not an electric tool in sight.
Happy landings,
Ferg
PS: ....all in Crixbinfield as Bob Harrison directs.