Europa-List: re: MOD 70

Subject: Europa-List: re: MOD 70
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:50:57

Hello..........
            Please put me in the "turnbuckles too" category. It was short,
sharp and dead easy compared to using four hands to tighten, adust and
fabricate inb one swell foop.
            I see no advantage whatsoever to cutting the apronstrings and
throwing them away, so - barring Europa permission, I'll take the new rod to
a welder and have the ears for the turnbuckles put on. My reason is greater
than above. Once in, is was so easy to adjust the turnbuckle tension to
achieve centre position of the weights, I had to chuckle.  In fact for
future adjustments, I have six t'bucks in all - two on counterweight arm,
two in tail section (tailwheel cleanup) and two in centre section of rudder
cables.
They are marked with liquid plastic to indicate proper re-install position
and tighten/loosen direction, so I can actually 'do' them without looking
directly.

        To Tim Cripps - if you haven't ordered mine yet, please indicate
desire for cable flanges on new rod...............  I will take "no" for an
answer but only if everyone does...

            Hold high the torch -----
Ferg
A064 mono 914