Re: Europa-List: Cold Starts 912s

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cold Starts 912s
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:28:00

I had the same problem on a BMW too. Only that had fuel injection, so you
can discount the carb problem (which is an effect rather than a cause in the
poor starting syndrome).
On that engine the gearbox preload could be adjusted manually. If
tightened-up completely the engine started OK. But then had  to be stopped
to ease off the preload before going any further! It comes back to my
original point in earlier postings, which I won't labour.

Duncan McF.