Europa-List: Re: Proper Bolts for LG03

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Proper Bolts for LG03
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:48:23

[quote:5dc2b13265="rlborger at mac.com"]Steve,
The bolts provided by Europa are AN5-12A.[/quote:5dc2b13265]

I miked the bolt and AN5-12A is the same diameter but the thread pitch and count
look different. I don't think AN bolts are UNC thread.

[quote:5dc2b13265="rlborger at mac.com"]Boy can I relate to that!!  I did the
same
thing.  Believe it or not, no special drills are needed.  Neville explained
to me that you just have to drill VERY SLOWLY (Slow drill speed and slow feed
speed) with a bit of oil.  It works.  Takes time to drill through the first
hardened layer, then it gets easy when you hit the softer inner metal.  Don't
speed up that feed!!!  If you do, you'll stick the drill bit when it transitions
---From the soft metal back to the hardened stuff on the opposite side.  Just
go slow and easy.  It'll work.[/quote:5dc2b13265]

LOL, I got all the other bolts drilled with my last bit. sped the drill up,
drilled
them dry, once I got moving, I didn't stop. No pulling the bit out to clear
the cuttings..... Go figure... I tried three times to do it the right way,
but I love a happy ending. :)
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/