Re: Europa-List: gas mixing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: gas mixing
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:01:35

kenneth b. carpenter wrote:
> carpenter" <kbcarpenter@comcast.net>
>
> Has anyone explored the issue of mixing 50/50  87
> octane auto gas with 100 LL to get 93 octane gas for
> 914T engines?  I think 912S engines also need 93 octane
> gas.  Sounds like it would be better for the engine
> than 100LL alone. Ken Carpenter N 9XS  914T

Why not just use Auto gas !

If you are carting auto gas into your hanger to mix it
with Avgas, why not just use auto gas ?

912 912S and 914 all run on Mogas (auto gas) and the oil
needs to be changed every 25 hours if more than 30% Avgas
is used. The oil changes are at 50 hour intervals if you
use Mogas.

Mogas is also cheaper ($5 a US gal here in England)
compared with over $7 a US gal for AVGAS.

Richard Holder
Europa TriGear G-OWWW High Cross