Europa-List: [Please Read] Matronics Email Server Upgrade...

Subject: Europa-List: [Please Read] Matronics Email Server Upgrade...
From: Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:37:14

Dear Listers,

I will be upgrading the Matronics Email Server this weekend.  This includes
some hardware improvements - more memory, faster, more capable processors -
as well as a complete operating system upgrade from scratch.  I hope to
have both the old system and the new system running at the same time to
minimize the actual impact of the upgrade.

Hopefully there will be little actual downtime during the transition, but a
few posts may get lost in the shuffle.  If you don't see your post show up
on the List in the normal amount of time (plus a little bit), then please
just try posting it again.

Upgrading the Matronics Email Server operating system (from Redhat Linux
7.2 to Redhat Linux WS 4) is a sizeable undertaking and requires a great
deal of work to port all of the utilities, programs, and scripts over to
the new system.  As I've already mentioned, both the old and new systems
will be on line at the same time, so interruption should be held to an
absolute minimal.  You might see a couple of odd test messages during the
cut-over or other odd messages; please just ignore them.

I have setup a new System Status Web Page that I will use to update List
Members on the current status of the email and web systems.  Please refer
to it as often as you like:

        http://www.matronics.com/SystemStatus/

Thank you for your continued support of the List Services at
Matronics!  Its your yearly Contributions that make these major upgrades
possible!

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Matronics Email List Administrator