Europa-List: Re: Finishing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Finishing
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:50:45

We used the Expancel from Europa with the AeroPoxy also from Europa and ACS.
We test sanded after a couple of days but usually ended up letting our
filler cure for nearly a week prior to sanding since in Michigan we have
high humidity.  We also devised a formula for mixing so each batch was
fairly consistent.  We rolled on six coats of Poly Fiber Smooth Prime and
again let it cure fully.  We really think the cure is important and followed
Poly Fiber's recommendations for each product (Smooth Prime, Epoxy Primer
and Aerothane).  Paint has been completed for six months and really looks
great!

Jim & Heather Butcher A185 N241BW
XS 914 Finishing FWF