Europa-List: Unnerving experience

Subject: Europa-List: Unnerving experience
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:36:50

><roland.robinson@tiscali.co.uk>
>
>Hi
>
>I had a very similar experience following the annual on my Europa. On
>investigation a short longitudinal split was found on the fuel pipe that
>pushed onto the filter. (one of the poor quality cotton braided type)

Roland
you are probably right. This will cause rough running at full throttle. The
leak may be extremely small but still allow air to be pulled in but not
allow fuel to leak out. The air will expand and reduce the fuel flow very
significantly because the rate of pumping is limited.

The rough running will tend to start as fuel level in the tank reduces

Graham