Europa-List: Mono wheel brake disc

Subject: Europa-List: Mono wheel brake disc
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 10:54:49

Hi Peter,

I do not have your problem of distortion but I have noticed that my disc
is quite worn after about 400 hours and ~ 600 landings. It will probably
need replacement at some stage. I have previously bought a standard
Cleveland 500x5 pressure plate and a back plate to have available as
brake pad change out items and they work fine. The Cleveland part
numbers are #063-00500 and #064-00500 and are available from the A/C
Spruce catalogue. I suspect that the standard Cleveland 500x5 disc
(#164-17 listed at USD105.95) shown by A/C Spruce is also a change out
part for the Europa. Can anybody on the Europa-List confirm this?

Alternatively, Roger at roger@europa-aircraft.com gives very good
service for spare parts with airmail shipping to North America and will
probably have the item in stock.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina.

<<<<<<<<<
Subject: Europa-List: Mono Wheel Brake Disk From: Christine and Peter
Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
While conducting my Annual I discovered that the rotor on my wheel was
quite distorted (wobbly). I have removed it and taken it to a machine
shop but the distortion, caused through uneven heating, is too great to
remove by lathe. My question is, where are these rotors made or what
type of steel should I use to have a new rotor made? Thanks in advance
for your suggestions .
Cheers, Peter Timm Europa Classic Mono C-GIET, Pemberton, British Columbia.