Europa-List: Re: Top hat and Console mods

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Top hat and Console mods
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:40:54

Reposted From EuropaOwners

User ID gleinberger: I am having a bit of a problem fitting me into the plane -
I am planning on doing the Top Hat mod - although my firewall is the normal one
- so will have to extend it upward about 2 inches - and having looked at the
factory mods am wondering why they suggest moving the front up about two inches,
but not also move up the back - there is plenty of material for putting the
top shell about an inch or so further up - and thus avoid not angling the
horizontal
tail as much - the only problem I see is that the rear bulkhead must
be higher. Any experience with the top hat mod?

 I am also looking at making the center of the console a bit narrower - by
cutting
out some additional space for my thighs so that the stick will move the full
11 inches left to right - my concern is keeping the strength in the center
console - it appears that the center console is quite critical to keeping the
cockpit from bending - any ideas on how to essentially narrow the console and
still keep the strength?[/quote]

Gary Leinberger
A237
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/