Re: Europa-List: Replacing Bushes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Replacing Bushes
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:49:37

JonSmith wrote:

>Hi - a quick question for all you experts!
>I have a little wear in some of my (monowheel) undercarriage bushes so I'm
>going
to replace them.
>How does one remove old bushes that have been "loctite'd" in?  I've never had
to do this.  Is there an easy way of removal or is it a pig of a job?!  I'm
thinking
particularly of the awkward access ones such as in the lower end of the
retraction arm lugs, high up in the tunnel!
>Regards,
>Jon
>G-TERN

Jon,

A Heat gun (paint stripper) should do the job, however, be careful not
to heat anything, too much, especially any of the composite...

--
Jeff - A055
Engine and prop to go...