Europa-List: Prop balancing

Subject: Europa-List: Prop balancing
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:42:07
        0.44 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS    Outlook can't send HTML in this format

I acknowledge each case is different, however perhaps my experience
might be of value.

My WD fixed pitch prop did vibrate significantly when first fitted.
The classic spinner was solely responsible for this. I could easily
confirm by flying spinner-less (to Scotland and back as I recall) with
no sign of vibration at all.

My 'economical' solution, owing partly to my Glaswegian ancestry, was
home grown. I flew about 12 flights (all on the same day), selectively
adding penny washers of various weights to the three prominent spinner
attachment screws and recording my findings. I finally found a solution
that worked.

In the subsequent 7 years, I've managed to avoid dinging my prop, and
haven't had any significant vibration.

Hope this helps,
Alan

PS. Flying 'au-natural' didn't seem to have very much affect on
performance, as I recall.

  _____

I've stopped 1000's of spam messages. You can too!