RE: Europa-List: Diversion landings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Diversion landings
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:06:22

Humberside is normally 12 +vat @17.5% PER LANDING When it is officially
open for a Europa size aircraft. The excessive charge would probably
include for a fine for landing out of published open hours and include
for payments to such as fire crew to be activated to stand by.
Palma Majorca is about 9.00 to land but then you just may get caught by
a handling agent for another 70.!I think Luxemburg was about 6.00 plus
an extortionate compulsory bus ride to control.!
I was threatened with a 200 fine for landing at Biggin Hill 30 minutes
early, seems with no fire cover and you pranged on the runway the
airport would have to be closed !
Regards
Bob Harrison.