Re: Europa-List: Carburettor heat shields

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carburettor heat shields
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:03:51

Simon,
The Rotax drip trays available from Rotax (at a cost!) do perform 2 tasks.
One is to act to prevent fuel from dripping onto the exhaust directly
beneath the carburettor!! and two to act as a heat shield from the exhaust
beneath. Due to installing the Sky Drive Carb Heat system I had to modify
the drip trays to fit under the carburettor sufficiently.
Cheers,
Tim
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,