Re: Europa-List: RE: Rudder cables look very close to the fuel tank fitt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Rudder cables look very close to the fuel tank fittings
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:49:01

Jos, My rudder cables go in nylon tubing thru wheel well and under tank, as
do a lot of others and a similar system is +/- universal in gliders. 3 yrs
of flying in all weathers & temperatures, including a trip round upper
reaches of Mont Blanc, hasn't produced a suspicion of a problem. I suspect
that even if water did get in, the non-stick nature of the nylon surface
together with the high load tolerance of the rudder system would mean that
it wouldn't cause any real problem. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ