Europa-List: Mod 61Question

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 61Question
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:22:18

Gents:

I started work on the stall warner horn this weekend.

The instructions say that the air tube should be installed through the flange
of the forward rib BL102.

 The measurements
given in the instruction , 1 3/4 from the W11 brackets completely missed the
rib flange!  I peeked through the holes after they were drilled.  My guess is
that it was a half inch miss to outboard.... Grrr    Perhaps my rib is off?

 My guess is you want to drill through the flange for added support of the
tube?

Anyway I installed the air tube but used a syringe filled with redux / flox
and pack a lot into the leading edge and spar area since I did not hit the rib

flange.  Also made sure the tube was at the proper angel on the leading edge.

Do you think this will be OK with enough support for the tube?

Anyone noted this problem before?

Brian Skelly
Texas
Europa # A276 TriGear