Europa-List: TailWheel Mod

Subject: Europa-List: TailWheel Mod
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:36:18

Good day all,

I just came in from my shop to ask about the length of the pushrod from the
bellcrank to the rudder. In my instructions of Grahams tailwheel mod, the
pushrod is stated to be in the neighborhood of 21 1/2 inches in length. With my

rudder temporarily mounted and the pushrod temporarily connected to the
bellcrank, both rod ends in the center of their adjustment, rudder pedals at the

middle of their range, I am measuring only about 19 inches in total length bolt

 center to bolt center on the rod.
This seems to me to be too short. Before I trim the rod or tear everything
apart and start over, I was wondering what others came up with in real life?

Mike Duane  A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Just about to put the top  on but still finding little things to do before
that.