Re: Europa-List: Anguish over Ethanol

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anguish over Ethanol
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:16:36

Ira!
            Thank you for that. It puts me more at ease. The lecturer
claimed E10 to be destructive of aluminum alloy, unless treated specially
(which he says the car-makers have done for years, as some companies have
been sneaking ethanol in in small amounts for that time). Am not sure
whether the alu lines from Aircraft Spruce are such.......... The idea of
changing is an ordeal I don't relish. Any more heartenng info gleefully
welcomed.
Ferg
PS Cool engines, increased aeration with height, detonation resistance and
icing qualities were mentioned.