Re: Europa-List: Last Words on Tailplane Mass balance!!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Last Words on Tailplane Mass balance!!
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:10:38

Peter,
Balancing the Tailplane is done with everything connected up. It is simply
subtracting or adding (rarely) mass from/to the mass weights to balance the
tailplane in its neutral position (along the fairing line of the fuselage).
So left alone with the mass weight on, the tailplane does not pitch up or
down by itself  but remains neutral.
Cheers,
Tim
Tim Ward