Europa-List: Insurance

Subject: Europa-List: Insurance
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:06:44

Hi teams, (UK only ! others can ignore).

I am negotiating with insurers for renewal of my insurance.

All the quotes are for 1,000,000 Liability.

I believe there is some suggestion that Europe (the dreaded EU) will be
upping the requirement to 1,500,000 from April.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

If I start out at 1M and the insurers can justifiably charge extra in April
they will have carte blanche to charge whatever they like with no argument.
A recipe for getting overcharged !

One insurer has said that I am covered for 1M and that the next stage for
cover is 2M for an extra 105. When I suggested that I only needed 0.5M
extra, therefore for 52.50, the broker claimed that the underwriter sets
the rules and the stages !

These brokers are quick to blame others for these things, but when you start
to tell them that other brokers are more competitive they often reduce the
premiums - claiming a mistake was made ! The mistakes are always in their
favour !

Unless anyone knows different !

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                        email : richard.holder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)