RE: Europa-List: Tail Wheel Steering Springs

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail Wheel Steering Springs
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:52:00

> I didn't have any trouble with the springs, but one of the clips
connecting
the cable to the spring opened up.  Fortunately I had just finished my
landing roll and it didn't quite let go.

> I replaced them with small shackles.  There was a tech note about this
couple of years ago from the factory and I'd recommend doing the same as
did.

Paul and Ken,

Thank you both for the replies.  You have put doubts in my mind now Paul
because maybe the trouble reported to me may have also been those
connecting pieces, I didn't actually see what happened unfortunately.  I
also don't remember the Tech Note to which you refer Paul so will look
to see if I have it.  Irrespective of whether I find it or not, I will
take your advice about using the shackles.

As a point of interest Ken, did you remove those tear drop shaped wire
connectors on your springs too ?

Cheers
Kingsley