Re: Europa-List: Rotax Sourcing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Sourcing
From: Davidghillam@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:18:57

Sounds a good idea, but when I was on holiday in Austria a few years  back, I
tried to arrange a factory visit (after buying one of their  engines).  I
spent what felt like hours on the phone over at least two  days repeatedly being

told that I had to ring back and speak to  someone else.  After explaining my
request many times to lots of  different people, I eventually spoke to someone

who categorically said that they  never do factory visits, using security,
health and safety as  reasons.
David
G-SHSH

what if someone from the US was going to Europe
anyway and wanted to  purchase an engine there and have it shipped back home?
Don't know if there's  any merit to such an idea but I know Mercedes and BMW
both have programs  where you visit the factory, buy your car, then they
assist in having it  transported home.

Dan Bish

N914RB@earthlink.net

Kit A144 -  Mono