Europa-List: Plywood between W18 plates in wing

Subject: Europa-List: Plywood between W18 plates in wing
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:28:27

The manual calls for a piece of plywood between the outer two W18
plates. It says the plywood should be aligned with the front of the W18
plates. I am not clear about this. Should the  plywood overlap the
sides of the W18 plates, or should it overlap the leading edge of the
W18 plates? My gut feeling is that it should overlap the sides of the
plates, but I could be wrong. The diagram might illustrate what I mean.

                              =========

   Plywood overlapping        Plywood overlapping
   the sides of the W18       leading edge of the
   plates                     W18 plates