Europa-List: Europa A026 N4225W query

Subject: Europa-List: Europa A026 N4225W query
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:34:20

Checking the FAA website for Europa news, I note that N4225W is
registered to Jim Thursby with the serial number A026. If Jim (or
anyone else who knows) is on the list, could you please confirm that
this is the kit originally started by the late Norman Marsh (of
Canada & New Zealand) and bought after his death by Frank Wood in
Alberta?

I'm asking partly because Norman had 2 Europas kit numbers 219
(before the US office opened and started issuing customer numbrs with
the A prefix) & A026. At some stage, the C/Ns got mixed up and the
first one to fly (the earlier kit, 219), N13NM, was shown by the FAA
as serial A026. Norman told me himself that this was actually 219.
However, the error was perpetuated when it went to NZ and was re-reg
as ZK-NWM; the NZ registry still shows the incorrect C/N of A026
instead of 219, presumably because they got it from the FAA.

Anyway, the question now is has Jim Thursby managed to get the
correct serial number for this airframe associated with an FAA
registration?

regards

Rowland