RE: Europa-List: xcom 760

Subject: RE: Europa-List: xcom 760
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:47:55

>>> Has anyone taken delivery of the xcom 760 TR from down under? Is it
approved by UK CAA for fitting to our homebuilts? Does it work? I like
it and I would like to order.

Yes, I have one and it's a superb radio. I also bought his harness
because I hate wiring up DB connectors! I fired up the panel over the
weekend for the first time and was astonished to receive a weather
message service broadcast from a ground station from some 10 miles away
with my plane sitting in the garage with the door open. I haven't
transmitted yet but, from another local flyer who has his operational, I
hear nothing but good news.

Regards

Tony