Europa-List: Tube dimensions

Subject: Europa-List: Tube dimensions
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:45:11

Hi All,

Would someone who is not too far through their build mind taking a couple of
measurements
for me.  I need to know the OD and thickness of the tube that passes
under the cockpit module.  In addition I need to know the OD of the push rod
that passes through the middle of it. I am going to try and fabricate a seal
between the two tubes.

Why,  well I get a fair amount of air coming from the spar area into the cockpit
through this tube, and although my Mr. Leatherman boots seal off a bit of it,
its not enough. The outside air temperatures here in the northern mid west are
now at around 10 degrees F, and I expect it to get worse.  Even a small amount
of air from this area is pretty darn cold.  I have pretty well stopped flying
the aircraft until I can solve this problem.

Thanks,  Paul