Re: Europa-List: Lightning strike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lightning strike
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:13:40

Hi.......
        We always stayed at least 25 miles from the nearest Cb on the radar
when at or below the freezing level of ambient air. Usually 15-20 was best
above that height. Has everyone seen the write-up of the Brit glider strike?
Parachutes were paramount there.
Ferg
A064
PS: Hail is another threat from big Cbs. Same distances apply, as have seen
radar spikes of hail coming out the sides above 25000'.