Europa-List: New attitude indicator

Subject: Europa-List: New attitude indicator
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:09:21

Hi Guys,
I thought I'd let you know I just received the new Stratomaster 3.5
inch Maxi Single. I bought the 3hc sensor to feed attitude, turn &
bank, and compass. Total costs $995.00 It's not in color but for this
job it doesn't matter. I just hooked it up on the bench and I got to
say I'm impressed. It works as quick as I can turn or bank the sensor.
Reading the manual now but it looks fairly simple to operate. No lap
top no special jacks just set calibrations from the front of the
instrument. I will mount the sensor in the back of the tunnel between
the seats close to the recommended axes area. I also have the
Stratomaster E2 EMS to monitor the 912-S. Temporally powered it up
connected to the Rotax sensors and set the button to the 912-S and
everything came on where it's supposed to. Of course I haven't started
the engine up yet but I'm very impressed with the instruments for the
money. Black & white is fine with me. I am a ways from flying so I
really can't say but so far I like what I see.
Just thought you may want to check them out. www.sportflyingshop.com or
www.aveousa.com
Of course it's not recommended for IFR but neither am I.

Jeff
A258