RE: Europa-List: Total energy Vario?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Total energy Vario?
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:15:39

Hi Ron,  I have installed a stub for a removable T.E. probe in the fin, same
as most sailplanes. I did it while constructing the fin, at the junction of
the fin cap. I ran a conduit through the fin ribs. I wish I would have put
an inspection hole up there in the top side of the fin, in case I ever need
to replace the tubing. I am not yet flying and have not chosen a vario yet.

Dave Anderson has one flying and to my surprise said it works well, even
with the engine on. I thought the prop wash might confuse things.

Kevin