Re: Europa-List: Cradle for Fuselage

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cradle for Fuselage
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:47:52

> I was wondering what suggestions and recommendations are out there for
building a cradle for the fuselage.  Other than a trial and error method I can't
think of a way to copy the curvature of the bottom of the  fuselage.

One simple way I heard of was to get some soft, small-bore copper tubing and
conform it to the bottom of the fuselage at the desired station.  Then remove to
the sheet of MDF or whatever you are using and trace the shape onto it (not
forgetting to add half an inch or so for the thickness of the pipe insulation
you will want to slip over the edge of the sheet former to spread the load, take
out minor discrepancies and prevent creasing the fuselage moulding)

John Cliff
.

_-=====================================================================
_-_-=       -- Please Support Your Lists This Month --
_-=           (And Get Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)
_-_-=   November is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click on the
_-=   Contribution link below to find out more about this
_-=   year's Terrific Free Incentive Gifts provided by the
_-=   The Builder's Bookstore www.buildersbooks.com!
_-_-=   List Contribution Web Site
_-_-=           http://www.matronics.com/contribution
_-_-=   Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.