Re: Europa-List: push rods for the doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: push rods for the doors
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:34:41

I remember this as a particularly difficult step to complete - and like our
friend - wondering why we didn't hear about the 3 blades earlier. However,
my personal solution was to scout the toolshops locally and buy a flat file
which produced an exact 4mm slot by means of its edge. I began with wayward
saws and finished by cleaning up with the file. It took some doing but the
micrometer was happy in the end.........
Cheers, Ferg A064
PS That ain't all.......... I fouled up the length measurement on one, and
it's repaired with rivets and a patch of 3/8inch alu rod, 'cause I couldn't
wait.