Re: Europa-List: Routing fuel hose through the firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Routing fuel hose through the firewall
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:31:00

simon miles wrote:

> What is the best way to route the fuel supply and return hoses
> through the firewall? I have a 912S engine. To me, some type of
> bulkhead union for the Europa supplied hoses would be the best
> way but I can't find any suitable fittings. How have others done
this?

I used brass stuff available at the local hardware store.  Two 5/16"
nipples with 1/8" NPT; 1/8" female-female coupler; thin 3/8" brass
washers.  Open up the hole in the washers to fit.  The trick is to use
enough/thickness of washers, and/or filing down the coupler a little
bit, so that as the assembly tightens sufficiently, it's also tight on
the bulkhead.  Assemble with hardening Permatex, or Permatex Aviation
Form-A-Gasket, or even epoxy adhesive, which is also fuel resistant.

Reg,
Fred F.