Europa-List: Re Fuel Sender

Subject: Europa-List: Re Fuel Sender
From: mike toft <watervet@mweb.co.za>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:35:12

Hi
I had to install the fuel sender long after completing the fuselage. What we did
was to drill a pilot hole through the top of the head rest, made up a spindle
to thread through the hole, then attached the correct size rotary cutter made
---From a small piece of solid square metal bar with a adjustable cutter(piece
of hack saw blade works), now you can cut through the top of the cockpit module
easily - then follow the instructions for cutting into the tank with a hot
soldering
iron - this leaves a rough uneven fit - so using double sided tape stick
a larger than the hole plastic bag to the side of the tank - this will catch
the swarf as you clean up the edges - then follow the rest of the instructions.
I used fishing line as safety device in case I dropped the gasket or nut
plate whilst inserting them into the tank - 'cause trying to retrieve a dropped
piece from the bottom is not a lot of fun -I know believe me.
Mike Toft
ZU CTG Trigear 914 Airmaster 80 Hours and still loving it
Been to the Kalahari Desert and Okavango Swamps 20 hours of phenomenal flying!!