Europa-List: Re: Exhaust system (Gavin & Anne)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Exhaust system (Gavin & Anne)
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:46:44

Gavin & Anne,

We also had a problem with the stbd forward pipe hitting the cowl when
positioned for the AirMaster (Martin from AirMaster has a drawing that
clearly shows the 25mm dimension).  So we made a slight bump out to clear
the pipe, keeping about the same clearance as on the port side (about 1/2").
I think Paul McAllister had problems with the heat from the pipe burning his
cowl.

The little 3 sided cutout in CD1 is for cooling the turbo on the 914.  For
912 leave it as is (speeds up your build!!).

No idea what the 50mm tubes are for.  We didn't get them with our FWF.

Jim & Heather Butcher A185
Finally painting!!