Europa-List: UK folks: what's your status with PFA Engineering?

Subject: Europa-List: UK folks: what's your status with PFA Engineering?
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:04:47

(Apologies to the non-UK folks to whom this is not relevant - please delete
and enjoy doing so!)

It's the next PFA EC Meeting tomorrow night, and Engineering matters will
arise. In recent times I've been told that:

1)       uncomplicated (i.e. no new executed mods included) permit renewals
are being processed within 1 working day

2)       (although not applicable to most of us here) good progress has been
made with new type approvals

3)       the mods backlog is down to 3 weeks to get a response (other than
the acknowledgement)

---From my own build I have significant doubts about item 3) above, so I'd like
to gather some data to check what I'm hearing.

If you've got issues with any of the above (e.g. permit renewal taking 3
weeks, or waiting 3 months for response on a mod), could you please send me
brief details in a private email. But please, if the delay is at your end
(you've not responded to a request for more info, or you've included
executed mods with your renewal, for example), please don't send me info
attributing that to Engineering - I'm after hard-and-fast cases!

Thanks and regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Davey

Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA

Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)

1200 build hours to date

Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms