Re: Europa-List: RE: Fuel drain modification?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Fuel drain modification?
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:37:39

OK Jos,

maybe we both are right:

My Cessna lives in wintertime in the warm
hangar and so I can take water samples and I do
not certainly add any antifreeze. Also, it is strictly
forbidden to add any additives according my
cars instruction manual (both diesel and petrol).
Antifreeze and other additives can cause harm
for fuel injection systems. Many people think
they are just historical relic and pure business.

But, if you have a carburettor in your car
or you have to keep your plane outside in winter time,
maybe it is better choice to add some magic
additives to petrol/diesel.You know it better.

We live here in south but as you well know
we still can have one or two month -30C.
W/o additives and still flying and driving.

Maybe next time I will ask my wife to add
some special additives to your coffee, OK? ;))

Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT #417
OH-CVK
OH-BLL