Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp/Kremen propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp/Kremen propellers
From: bryan allsop <info@blackballclub.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:36:08

Hi Tony,

Sorry, but at this time I am not able to make any comparisons. The Kremen
does have a constant speed function though.
I saw Dave Joyce's Kremen when we in France, and thought it looked pretty.
I am not a VP prop enthusiast. I have always been very satified with the
fixed pitch performance of my aeroplane and have not considered it worth the
extra complexity, weight, or cost. At the price Dave mentioned though, I
thought it was worth a try. That is why I bought it. Dave knows far more
about comparisons with other products than I do, and he will probably
respond.
As I shall be doing the first conversion from Warp drive fixed pitch to the
Kremen constant speed VP. I will be reporting on any problems encountered,
and making comparisons on the before and after performance. So watch this
space! Who knows I may even become an enthusiast.

Cheer!  Bryan